Saturday, October 15, 2011


When I started installing the engine it looked like nothing was going to fit. I had just the engine and the bell housing during the first attempt at placing the engine. No matter what I did it just didn't fit. I'll back up a bit. When I bought the car the engine was in a box not the car. I was told it was a 33 engine that had been rebuilt. However the person who had done the work died. The fellow I had purchased the car from said the wife told him that her husband had rebuilt the engine. So you know I was a little suspect about the engine. Now it looked like my suspicions were true. So I started checking engine numbers etc. so I could do some research. I also got on line to the VCCA and stated the problems I was having. One member stated that the engine was a 33 however it was a truck engine. This gave me a little hope. Next I installed the transmission etc. This way I could check the alignment and fit.After several hours work it was apparent that the engine etc. was going to fit. The side motor mounts still do not line up correctly. Maybe they are the mounts for a standard car. If they can't be changed some adapters will have to be made. The pictures just before this one show the misfit.

No comments: